Monday 1 December 2014

Wave Pattern for Diffusing

The exact same technique, the exact same products (save for an additional leave-in conditioner on Vanessa), and three very different results.

I wanted to do a diffuse on each of my mannequins to show the difference the natural wave pattern of hair can make.

There are four main types of wave patterns: Straight, wavy, curly and extremely curly. You can diffuse all but the straight hair. A diffused blow dry doesn't create curl, it enhances curl.

Wave patterns can be changed temporarily by thermal styling and wet-to-dry styling, or until new hair grows out by using perms or relaxers.

Different parts of the scalp can have different wave patterns. My hair from the crown area downwards is more curly, compared to the rest of my hair, which is more wavy.

The first picture has my end results, the other pictures show the hair in its natural wave state.

Vanessa has wavy hair. Her hair just has natural movement, and no true curls. Wavy hair is the most common in my experience.














NP has curly hair. Her hair is also in layers, so it has a lot of body to it. The layers, I find, add a lot of depth to the final result. I really like how NP's hair looks when diffused.









Megan has extremely curly hair. Her hair is the easiest to diffuse, and requires the least amount of product and effort to get a beautiful look. The first time we wet down Megan at school, I wanted to diffuse her hair. This is the type of hair I've always wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!