Wednesday 26 November 2014

Blow Dry with Shape

My first blow dry on this blog! This mannequin is called Vanessa. She's got the longest hair, so we use her a lot in class. As such, her hair is TERRIBLE. It's so hard to work with. I need to practice more, and try different blow dries on it, because not everyone who comes in for a style by me will have great hair.


So a blow dry with Volume and Shape is a pretty basic blow dry. The goal of it is to add movement to the hair.
The root area is fairly straight. This is where the volume is. The ends then move freely in a directed shape.

I always struggle with this blow dry. I never feel like the ends get enough movement, or the right kind of movement. They seem almost...messy and uncoordinated.

The front has some good volume at the sides, I like how to blows away from the face.
The back, see what I mean by the ends not having anything uniform? I feel like it just isn't quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!