Monday 24 November 2014

Worry

I wake up every morning and I'm just filled with a sense of panic. It's usually about money. The issue is that it's hard to find reliable stats on how much a hair stylist can make, because it's so dependent on location, position, and number of clients.

From what I've gathered, as soon as I'm out of school and become an apprentice, I'll be making $11 an hour. That's minimum wage here. Plus tips. That's about what I expected. Hairstylists usually put in 40 hours at work, but some have more. And if you're good at it, there is a lot of opportunity.

I think if I want exact numbers, I'd have to ask specific salons. 

It's nice that there is flexibility in this industry. I can put in the bare minimum, or I can go above and beyond to get clients. Even as an apprentice, I think I can have some great areas for advancement.

Waking up without the panic attacks would be nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This!